Attack Theatre seeks a Finance and Development Associate, reporting to the Executive Director. Must be flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, very organized, detail oriented, and willing to work on multiple projects simultaneously. This person must also be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced setting.
Monitor annual and project budgets, prepare monthly reports, maintain chart of accounts, coordinate year-end close procedures, assist with annual audit and 990 preparation, conduct all business using generally accepted accounting principles.
Enter expense receipts and classify expenses, prepare bank deposits, keep Executive Director informed of cash position, maintain accounts receivable listing, track grants receivable, enter accounts payable invoices, process checks, maintain vendor files.
Assist with grant writing and reporting, assist with special events, annual appeals, and online campaigns, record contributions and prepare acknowledgement letters, manage grants for specific foundation and government sources, research new potential funding streams and create recommendation for pursuit and action steps, and maintain calendar of grant deadlines and reporting requirements.
Data and Reporting:
Prepare annual Cultural Data Project reports, assist in articulation of outcomes and measurements and assist with data collection for programs, maintain donor and audience database.
Manage on-site event and performance box office
· Bachelors degree
· Strong writing and editing skills
· Efficient problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Understanding of and commitment to the work of Attack Theatre
· The successful candidate will be able to thrive within a fast-paced work environment, and be organized and flexible with the myriad of programs and tasks often assigned
· 1-2 years experience in nonprofit administration or the equivalent educational and/or internship training, with experience in arts management a plus
· Proficiency in QuickBooks and FileMaker
· Knowledge of general accounting principles
Attack Theatre, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
General Management internships at Attack Theatre are ideal for persons interested in the overall workings of a performing arts organization. The General Management intern interacts with all departments including artistic, production, marketing and business. Duties include daily business functions, research/analysis, archival organization, artistic administration, and special projects aligned with the candidate's individual focus.
Intern Position Description:
Founded 18 years ago, Attack Theatre currently operates with a staff of 2 artistic directors, 4 administrative employees, and a team of dancers, musicians and designers working interdependently. The company’s studio/rehearsal space in the Pittsburgh Opera building in the Strip District is designed to facilitate easy collaboration between the artistic and administrative staff. Due to the small and collaborative nature of Attack Theatre’s staff, this position offers a valuable learning experience that more compartmentalized internships in large organizations cannot offer. This internship will offer insight and experience in the workings of a growing nonprofit arts organization based locally and working globally.
Applicant must be willing to take initiative, work independently and effectively within a fast paced environment. Intern may:
• Assist with organization of 2013/2014 programs;
• Assist with marketing for 2013/2014 performances and events;
• Assist with archiving company data including educational, production, and administrative materials, assist in the design of new organizational strategies for company data;
• Assist with preparation of local and national grants and final reports, upkeep of grant calendar and deadlines
• Research new foundations, donor sources and corporate sponsorships.
Intern Will Gain:
• Diverse skills and hands-on experience in nonprofit management for a mid-sized performing arts organization;
• Experience supporting Attack Theatre programs that include local theater and site-specific productions, arts education and national touring initiatives;
• Experience coordinating and communicating with artists;
• Opportunities to give creative insights or feedback regarding potential projects/performances, marketing and sponsorship strategies; and
• Opportunities to interact with professionals in the nonprofit sector, specifically the arts.